Phasmophobia finally has another rather big update and will introduce two new ghost types to the existing roster. As some players have predicted from the clues given, the two ghosts are Myling and Goryo.
Apart from that, there are some changes in game mechanics and also equipment in general have been reworked.
Here are some of the new updates from Phasmophobia in August 2021.
New ghosts – Myling and Goryo
Phasmophobia has introduced two new ghosts known as The Goryo and Myling.
For Myling, the evidence required is EMF Level 5, Fingerprints and Ghost Writing. As for Goryo, you will need Spirit Orb, Ghost Orb and DOTS Projector.
This is where the new DOTS Projector comes in handy.
Ghost evidence changes
Due to the two new ghosts and the new equipment, the evidence required for all ghost types have been amended. You may want to re-read the evidence required.
You can now actually sprint
Phasmophobia is known for the slow walking and sprinting even when a ghost is hunting you. With the version 0.3.0 change, players can now sprint faster than before, but only for 3 seconds. The sprint also has a 5-second recharge time. The previous sprint speed is now the normal walking speed.
With this change, the ghost now hunts from 3 seconds onwards, instead of the 5 seconds before. This means if you see lights flickering, the ghost can now start going towards you after 3 seconds.
Other major changes
- New equipment known as the DOTS Projector. It highlights ghost activity when it goes past the green light by the projector.
- The ghost will now detect you if you’re using electronic equipment during a hunt. It’s the same as the ghost detecting your mic voice.
- You will now hear paranormal sounds when you aim the parabolic microphone towards the ghost.
- Head bob is now in the settings.
- A complete visual redesign of the equipment.
- Improved lighting and changes of some sounds.
- The spirit box now shows icons instead of texts.
- Only equipment and lights in the ghost’s range will be affected during a hunt.